A website chatbot or chatbotroid is a program that runs an online chat session, similar to real-life chat rooms, through a series of online protocols. Chat Bots work similar to chat rooms, but instead of taking turns communicating with other users in the chat room, they communicate with you directly. These programs can be programmed in any number of different ways, allowing them to interact with you in any way you would like. A few examples include:
* Communicating through e-mail – Many modern digital assistants have the ability to e-mail you back (sometimes with a reply! ), and some are capable of much more. If you require assistance with a complex situation, a chatbot might be just what you need. As an advanced computer program, chat bots handle much better than you do, handling fast responses to your inquiries or complaints and providing you with a better understanding of their services.
* Using the bot's voice – There are a number of e-mail bot services available to send you personalized e-mails, which you can then respond to back to the customer. Chat Bots work in much the same fashion, with the customer being able to speak with the bot directly rather than having to contact the chat bot or the support staff for each individual question. This feature is especially useful for customers who may receive harassing or insulting customer responses to their inquiries. A Chat Bot can handle these situations by responding to the customer immediately, saving you time, and allowing you to provide a better customer experience. For example, if you receive a message from your computer saying something like, "Please return your empty adapter", a chatbot can provide you with the correct adapter and save you the trouble of returning it.
* Using the chatbot's predictive text – Some modern chat bots are able to provide predictive text responses, meaning that they can detect certain types of words that are commonly used by the customer. For example, if you were looking for a product called "ROI" ("Return on Investment"), you'd probably type that into a chat bot to see what it responded to. Most modern chat bots have been equipped with sophisticated predictive text capability, meaning that if you key in the right term into the bot, it can pretty much predict what you're going to type next. This greatly reduces the need for you to actually come back to a chat to ask them what the numbers are again. Also, it allows you to save yourself the time of having to write the product name and ask for the numbers again.
* Using pre-written responses – If you don't have the time to come back to a chat, most modern website chatbot can give you an appropriate response for nearly any situation. For example, you might have a common question like, "How can I make my girlfriend love me more?". These chatbots can provide you with a pre-written response, such as, "You're romantic, she'll never leave you". Another common example is, "How can I make her happy, without ruining our lives?".
* Using pre-defined messages – In addition to looking for suitable customer requests, most modern chat bots can also handle various sales tasks. For example, if you're selling a particular product or service, you could set up your bot to suggest appropriate messages to your potential customers. For example, if you're selling finance, you could use the bot to suggest the terms of your mortgage. Similarly, it can be useful for finding out which leads are most active so that you can target those more effectively.
As well as these advanced tasks, many modern chat Bots are capable of performing basic tasks, such as receiving emails, replying to emails, and forwarding messages. So, you can set up your bot to perform a number of basic computer program functions, such as web browsing, email replies, and so forth. However, if you want to customize the way your bot works, there are some tools available for download from the Internet that can easily be installed on your computer.
Most modern chat robots work by using pre-defined templates that are supplied by the customer support department. For instance, most of the Chat Bots used today include a default template that includes an image of a toolbar and a text box that the customer can fill in to request a question or enter their contact details. A good Bot will then make appropriate suggestions based on the words that have been entered. Some advanced chat Bots also allow customers to specify their own set of keywords to search for, and then the computer program will search through the database to find relevant responses. These answers may include product specifications, links to FAQs or support pages, links to customer support documents or images, and so on.