Are you planning an industrial or commercial demolition? Before you start, there are various precautions you should be taking to make sure the process ends safely. Following are some essential tips you should consider before getting the demolition work started.
- Sort out permits: Make sure that all permits are well organised before the knocking down process begins. It helps you to keep away from delays and hiccups from councils and neighbours.
- Take precautions: Asbestos exposure can affect your health. So, make sure you have proper inspection and removal if required to avoid any hassle. Communicate with experienced professionals for better advice on demolition.
- Don’t DIY: Although cost-effective and safe, working with an experienced and reputable team is always better.
- Strip walls and let the property bare: Stripping walls can help remove unwanted installations and materials. This gives you a new starting point for a high-quality renovation or rebuilds from scratch.
- Consider your budget: Even after the demolition and construction work is complete, you might get some unexpected expenses ahead. So, leave some budget to tackle such surprises and make sure you aren’t trapped in the process.
- Restrict exposure to risky materials: Exposure to formaldehyde, lead paint, and synthetic fibres is not as harmful as asbestos. But it can cause irritation and other problems. Use protective clothing and respirators if you are dealing with such risky chemicals.
- Recycle: Recycling not only saves money but also helps the planet. Try to reuse as much as you can like interior doors, steel, concrete, toilets, sinks, beams, other fittings and fixtures.
Most importantly, hire only professionals for demolition in Newcastle, NSW for the best results.